Review Information Last Updated on: September 9th, 2016
Introduction to Videology
From the founders of Advertising.com, Videology is one of the Internet’s largest video advertising platforms, serving media companies, ad agencies, advertisers, and large publishers. Their video ad serving algorithm allows advertisers to plan, serve, manage, and track video ad campaigns, taking advantage of advanced targeting to reach the specific audience they desire.
- What We Like: Videology is on the offensive, with a recent $60 million capital raise, and the company was founded by Scott Ferber, who previously founded Advertising.com.
- What We Don’t Like: Signing up is difficult and requires a manual review; smaller publishers are not eligible to join.
Videology Partner Program Company Stats
Videology Support & Contact Information
- Address: 1500 Whetstone Way Ste 500, Baltimore MD 21230
- Phone Number: 410-276-8700
- Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publisher Terms: Unknown.
- Traffic Minimum: Unknown.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Unknown.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Unknown.
Advertisers & Offers
- Advertising Types: Video.
- Offer Types: Unknown.
- Verticals: All.
- Network Size: Unknown.
- Sampling of Publishers: Unknown.
Videology Tech Implementation Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Creating an Ad Unit: Unknown.
- Display Ad Unit Sizes Available: Unknown.
- Implementation Technology: Unknown.
- Compatible with Google AdSense: Unknown.
- Mobile Ad Units Available: Unknown.
- WordPress Plugin Available: N/A.
Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel
Videology Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Control Panel: Unknown.
- Reporting: Unknown.
- Control Panel URL: http://publisher.videologygroup.com/Account/LogOn
Videology Payment Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Publisher’s Share of Revenue: Unknown.
- Payment Methods Available: Unknown.
- Payment Terms: Unknown.
- Minimum Payout Threshold: Unknown.
Videology Account Help Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Knowledge Base URL: None.
- Personal Account Manager: Unknown.
- Easy to Contact Support: Yes.
This editor’s review is limited for a few reasons. Principally, we were not able to be accepted as a publisher by this network, so we were limited in our ability to test it firsthand. We hope to update this review in the future with more details.
Videology is an ad serving platform founded by the same individuals who started Advertising.com. They pride themselves on their behavioral targeting algorithm that allows media agencies and advertisers to more effectively target their video campaigns across multiple screens, thereby improving ROI.
Originally founded in 2007 as a video content network and ad server named TidalTV, today Videology is one of the largest video ad exchange platforms in the world, and is able to connect TV and online (digital) video for publishers and advertisers alike.
While Videology’s core competency is catering to digital media companies with its ad serving technology, they now are able to offer value to publishers with their video supply-side platform, Addressable Media Platform.
Videology appears to be available only to very large media companies and publishers. If you are a smaller publisher seeking to monetize video, it may behoove you to look into Google DFP Video or the YouTube Partner Program.