Welcome back to another weekly roundup; today we’re highlighting one of the most transparent (in a good way) affiliate marketers out there and an infographic that will get you thinking about Christmas in August. We also have some of the best recent threads from our forum; if you’ve ever wondered whether it’s best to collect credit card information before or after a free trial, check out the latest threads and get insights from the MonetizePros community.
For even more monetization tips, sign up for our free email newsletter. You’ll be glad you did.
Top Articles From Around The Web
- Affiliate Marketing Income Report: July 2013. One of the most insightful articles of the month for affiliate marketers always comes from Tyler Cruz, who opens up his financial statements to share what’s working (and what isn’t) in his online empire.
- Three Overlooked Email Marketing Truths. Kevin Gao runs down three somewhat obvious but incredibly important truths of email marketing.
- The Email Marketing Holiday Calendar Infographic. The team at ExactTarget put together a great infographic highlighting the meaningful holidays through the beginning of 2014. As all good email marketers know, sales are a great way to drum up business–and everyone loves a good holiday sale!
- Fullscreen CEO George Strompolos on Online Video, Monetization, and the Next Seth McFarlane. On The Wrap, Lucas Shaw shares an informative conversation with a former YouTube executive, touching on the current state of video monetization and what he sees for the future of the rapidly changing industry.
- Why Facebook’s video ads are destined to fail. Jeremy Ozen offers his take on the latest monetization developments at Facebook, and he isn’t optimistic that the embrace of video ads is going to go over well at all.
Bonus Read: I recently wrote an article at ProBlogger.com outlining ways that bloggers and publishers can take advantage of cheap split testing tools to improve a site’s performance.
- Free Trial Offers: When should credit card information be collected? The community chimes in with some differing opinions on one of the most important decisions that many e-product and membership sites will make.
- The new Copyblogger homepage is an awesome example of landing page for a member site. We chime in on the recently-updated CopyBlogger home page, highlighting some of the brilliant marketing decisions.
- What exactly is real time bidding? This thread contains some great introductory reading on one of the latest trends in the display advertising business.