And just like that, it’s March! The first two months of the year have sped by. While most of the headlines are dominated by the gridlock in Washington, we’re here to point you to some more interesting (and useful) content that’s been put out in the last week: helpful articles about website monetization. We’ll be posting a lot more here shortly about great resources for all things monetization, but for now here are five great articles from around the Web for this week. (To get our latest articles delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our free email newsletter today.)
- Trying to figure out how to manage your email marketing list? Take a look at what David Risley at Blog Marketing Academy has to say in his recent post about the often misleading practices surrounding the marketing of email lists. If you’ve ever felt nervous about the size of your MailChimp list, this is worth a read!
- Been wondering exactly what the deal with in-text advertising is? Meghan at the Skimlinks blog has a great introductory post, explaining how this potential revenue stream stacks up to traditional display and how to tell if it might be a good fit for your blog.
- Stephane over at dukeo is one of the most active bloggers out there on the topic of affiliate marketing…and this week has been no different. Check out his recent post, 3 Ways to Instantly Double Your Affiliate Sales for some tips on affiliate marketing, and then jump over to What Is The Biggest Challenge With Google AdSense?
- Thinking about redesigning your ecommerce store? Scott Sanfilippo has a great post with thoughts on how to approach a redesign effectively, and a list of tips to get the job done right.
- We’ll wrap up for the week on a fun note: 10 Typography Trends For Web Designers in 2013, published by Katrina Kardys at the Groove Commerce blog. This is an entertaining read, but there are plenty of actionable ideas and inspirations for anyone who runs an ecommerce site.
That’s it for this week! Have a great, profitable weekend, and check back next week for more monetization insights.