What a week! Here in Chicago we’re under a few inches of snow… Kansas is under a few feet though! It wasn’t just a big week for weather… a lot of interesting website monetization news and tips were published, too. In the future, we will probably include more than five articles in these weekly round-ups, but for today, here are the top five website monetization articles you may have missed this week. (Want to get these roundups in your email inbox? Sign up for our free newsletter!)
- Want to be a VIP? Want to learn how to make more money as an affiliate? The Affiliate Summit Blog has announced a scholarship for the 2013 Affiliate Summit that will let the winner do both.
- Brian Clark of Entroproducer discusses the re-branding of affiliate marketing in an insightful (audio) discussion. Warning: sometimes worthwhile information takes longer than 30 seconds to read/hear/digest!
- AdAge columnist Dave Williams believes display advertising is “broken”–and that automation may be the key to fixing it: Here’s Why Your Display Ads Are Getting Crushed By Social and Search.
E-commerce & Conversion Rate Optimization
- KISSmetrics wants to help you improve your ecommerce site’s conversion rate with these 40 tips to improve your checkout page & process. Following the 40 tips may create a new problem for you (how to spend all the additional cash you’ll make after implementing the strategies they give you).
- If you have a blog that earns material revenue, and have ever thought about selling it for a “payday”, then this Problogger guide is a must-read. Before clicking that link, go pour yourself a cup of tea or glass of wine, because it’s very in-depth. It’s very helpful, too.
And that’s it for this week’s top website monetization articles. Please have a great weekend, and remember to go outside and play in the snow!