It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Before we dive in to the weekly roundup, a very sincere thank you to everyone who’s subscribed to our newsletter or contributed to the forums in 2013; the community continues to grow and we couldn’t be happier with the response to our efforts here! If you have not yet joined our community, you may become a MonetizePros member here; you may also subscribe to our newsletter here.
Now on to the good stuff: here are some of the best articles from around the Web this week:
- Who Uses Affiliate Marketing? The team at Skimlinks has a great article up discussing which types of sites are a great fit for affiliate marketing (i.e., those that can make the most money through this monetization method).
- 101 Ways to Monetize Your Website or Blog. iPixel recently updated a piece originally launched in 2007 to reflect the numerous online revenue streams that have popped up since then.
- How to Get More People to Engage with Your Email Marketing Campaigns. Emily Konouchi put together a great overview of seven tips for email marketers, starting with a prescription to combat “scroll fatigue.”
- Visual Content Marketing: Optimize or Get Left Behind. Radhika Basuthakur has an article reminding affiliate marketers of the importance of visual content. While many don’t think of content as a key in monetization, higher engagement generally leads to higher conversion rates (and bigger checks at the end of each month).
- Forget Black Friday, Is Your eCommerce Store Ready for Thanksgiving? The always insightful Cynthia Boris has a reminder that the online shopping season starts sooner than we think this year.
Another interesting read comes from Adrian Try at Envato, who summarized the results of an interesting poll question that asked readers to identify the best e-commerce platforms. The detailed results, which include splits by dev experience, are interesting and no doubt helpful to anyone researching the topic.
Top Forum Thread
This week we’re highlighting the YouTube Videos thread started on our forum; if you have any insights into making money with online videos, pop by and leave a comment.
Poll Question of the Week
That’s all for this week; have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! If you’re looking for some reading to help recover from a food coma, we suggest our two monetization e-books, this feature on how much money Wikipedia could make, or a look at some of the best monetization apps out there.