Welcome to another Friday, and another edition of our weekly roundup. Here’s the best of this week’s monetization articles from around the Web:
- Affiliate Marketing Best Practices: Interview With Paul Schroader. This interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Vegas has some great insights into how affiliate marketers can grow their business in 2013.
- 3 Counterintuitive Tips to Boost Your Email Marketing. Eddie Howard shares some thoughts on email marketing that may go against what many would expect in this space.
- Why Old School Email Marketing Can’t Be Dismissed. Paul Pruneau explains why email marketing is not dead and what can be done to optimize your current strategy.
- Facebook Mobile Ads are Hot but More Users Say They’ll Click Desktop Ads. Cynthia Boris shares what’s working well and what’s working really well for Facebook as it continues to monetize its massive user base.
- How BuzzFeed Gives Native Ads a Traffic Boost. This primer on native advertising in action sheds some light on one of the biggest trends in this industry.
We also recommend this read on Quora’s potential monetization strategy; it sheds some light on how a site with a relatively large audience approaches the challenge of making a bit of money off of it.
Forum Thread of the Week
Here’s a look at the hot topics on the MonetizePros forums this week:
Poll Question of the Week
That’s all for this week. Check out our feature on ways to make money with Instagram if you missed it, and check back next week for plenty more!