After a few weeks off for a summer vacation, we’re back this Friday to serve up some of the best reading on monetization strategies from around the Web.
As an added bonus, we’re including some of the best threads from our forum this week as well; if you have a burning monetization question or just want to share something, pop over there and get the MonetizePros community to weigh in. And for even more monetization tips, sign up for our free email newsletter.
Top Articles From Around The Web
- It’s More Than Just the Money: Overcoming Mental Blocks to Monetization. Cora Harrington shares her personal answers to a frequently asked question: how do I make money from my blog? Her insights cover the mental blocks to making money–the feelings that somehow make bloggers feel bad about profiting from their property.
- The Top F2P Monetization Tricks. This article is unlike those we normally post here, but incredibly helpful nevertheless. Alex Dale talks to Ramin Shokrizade about strategies to make money from “free”-to-play (F2P) games. The concepts covered here are applicable to other online ventures, such as e-commerce and premium products.
- Why Budgeting Is Very Important In Affiliate Marketing. Ryan Gray highlights one of the boring but incredibly important aspects of affiliate marketing: setting (and sticking to) a budget.
- Display Ad Share Drops, Uncertain Viewability, Metrics Blamed. Gavin O’Malley highlights some recent developments in the display advertising industry, including evolving views on which metrics can be deceiving and which may actually have some value.
- 25 Mind Blowing Email Marketing Stats. Amanda Nelson shares a cornucopia of interesting facts and figures about email marketing. While they’re all pretty positive, this post does include some stats that will help you focus in on important areas (hint: subject lines!).
Bonus Read: If you missed it, be sure to check out our feature on 101 Ways To Make Money With Twitter.
- AdSense vs. Analytics Discrepancies. What could cause a significant (50%) difference between reported AdSense impressions and the results shown by Analytics?
- Examples of Lead Gen Forms Optimized for Conversions. Some quality reading and rules of thumb for getting those lucrative lead gen forms to convert.
- How Will Gmail’s New Inbox Interface Affect Open Rates? In case you haven’t seen it, Google is currently rolling out a new Gmail inbox interface, implementing tabs to organize different types of email messages. Will it pose a new challenge to email marketers?