The calendar may have flipped to May this week, but April’s showers are raining down on MonetizePros headquarters in Chicago. Our team has spent the week putting the finishing touches on our forum and adding more content to our blog, but we’re taking a time out to once again highlight some of the best monetization articles from around the Web:
Conversion Rate Optimization
- 71* Things to (A/B) Test. Robin Johnson knocks it out of the park with this recent article on the Optimizely blog, outlining specific opportunities for split testing in calls to action, content, funnels, visual media, and more.
- Landing Page Optimization: Simple color change increases conversion 10%. John Tackett has a short but sweet article up on the Marketing Experiments blog, recapping the results of a recent landing page optimization experiment.
- An Open Letter From a Cart Abandonment Queen to eCommerce Websites. Smriti Chawla vents her frustrations with shopping carts in a great article up recently on the Visual Website Optimizer blog. This one is a great weekend read!
- 7 Ways to Improve a Customer’s Shipping Experience. Armando Roggio has some solid tips in his latest article on Practical eCommerce, throwing out seven relatively easy improvements that e-commerce sites can make to improve their customer satisfaction. (There are some good insights in the comments here as well.)
- 3 Ways To Get In Your Customers’ Heads — And Stay In Their Inboxes. Hunter Boyle has a great article up at Marketing Land that outlines three specific steps email marketers can take to get into the “inner circle” of their subscribers. Included are tips for a better welcome email and a personal approach to interaction.
- 7 Reasons Why Your Email Marketing Program May Fail. Simms Jenkins put up a great article yesterday on ClickZ, starting out with this awesome insight: “The problem with mediocre email marketing is it often still works.” He goes on to outline seven common problems email marketers face, as well as solutions for each.
- Make the Most of Your Drip Email Campaign: Content, Length & Frequency. Tommy Walker put up an epic article on ConversionXL this week; if you’re new to email marketing or looking for tips to boost your performance, this one is a must read!