Another week has flown by, and we’re back to provide an expanded weekend reading list for website owners looking to make more money from their existing traffic. Below are the best articles about monetization from around the Web during the past week. But first, we strongly recommend that you sign up for our free daily email newsletter.
Do you have your own blog yet? If not, click here and we’ll help you get started!
Content & Monetization
Conversion & Optimization
- 5 (Unalarming) Stats About Banner Ads. At Digiday, Ben Kunz of Mediassociates offers up a strong rebuttal to a piece that recently made the rounds, offering up a defense of banner ads.
- Serving Up Success with Ad Serving: 5 Key Monetization Benefits for Emerging Publishers. This article is a great primer for any publisher with display ads as a key part of his/her monetization strategy. Lev Jacobi from Operative Media walks through the importance of keeping control, and the potential benefits of alternative ad servers.
- People Are More Likely to Survive a Plane Crash Than Click a Banner Ad [Infographic]. The title of this one says it all; Oli Gardner at Unbounce breaks down the statistics on banner ads, and has a solid infographic explaining the concept (and rise) of native ads.
- 7 Ways To Write Email Newsletters That Produce Leads. If you’re new to email marketing, this article on the Alpha Sandesh blog gives a good overview of what to do (and what not to do) as you start building campaigns.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Email Marketing Before Lunch. The AWeber blog has another good summary of easy-to-implement tweaks to your email marketing campaign. Take a look through; odds are at least one of these applies to your marketing efforts.
- Email Marketing Gone Mobile. From Jonathan Angelicchio at CakeMail Blog is a quick list of pointers for sending emails that will be read on mobile devices. These tips apply to just about everyone out there; as the percentage of email read on a mobile device skyrockets, this topic is more important than ever.
More Weekend Reading
If you have some extra time for reading this week, here are a few more articles worth checking out:
That’s all for this week; be sure to follow us on Twitter and sign up for the free MonetizePros newsletter for more tips and tricks in your inbox.