It’s Friday yet again, which means it’s time for another round of the best monetization reading from around the Web. For more tips throughout the week, subscribe to our free email newsletter.
- Eye-Opening Affiliate Disclosure Experiment. Jonathan Fields’ latest post is indeed eye-opening; he reveals the results of a split test he recently ran with an affiliate link.
- A Brief Guide to Getting Started With Affiliate Marketing. If you’re newer to affiliate marketing, check out this recent article from Nikhil Naik on BloggerCent.
- New Affiliate Marketing Record: $3,099.99 Profit in 1 Day! Tyler Cruz is one of the online entrepreneurs whose income statement is an open book; in his recent update, he sheds some light on what’s led to recent success.
- Minnesota Bloggers Are Victims of New Sales Tax Law. The team at Thomson Hall walks through a recent law passed in Minnesota that could have a major impact on bloggers and affiliate marketers in the state.
- Why Not Take Your Blog To The Top? It’s A Choice! Michael Chibuzor published an inspirational article at JohnChow.com, detailing his early days as a blogger and the obstacles he overcame.
- How to Determine the Best Approach to Monetize Your Blog. This article on BloggingTipsToday.com poses some questions to ask yourself as a blogger, as well as possible monetization routes.
- 39 Awesome Tools and Resources for Blogging and Social Media Marketing. This article from JeffBullas.com is actually a week old, but is so useful for bloggers that it deserves a mention.
- Evolving Your Email Marketing From Crawl To Walk To Run To PR. Cara Olson writes for Marketing Land with some sound advice for anyone feeling intimidated by email marketing.
- Seven Deadly Marketing Sins That Will Leave Your Small Business in Purgatory. John Hayes at the iContact blog has a great summary of what not to do in an email marketing campaign.
- Are Twitter Lead Generation Cards the Email Marketers’ New Best Friend? In a video on Social Media Today, Jay Baer highlights a new product offering from Twitter.
- 5 Lead Nurturing Emails Every Company Should Send. Shanelle Smith at Optify outlines five types of campaigns that can be used to move customers along your funnel.
- IAB Creates Native Ad Taskforce. Lucia Moses of AdWeek highlights an interesting development of the past week: the IAB’s increased involvement in sculpting native advertising.
- Native is the Only Advertising Solution for Mobile. Patrick Keane contribute his thoughts on the marriage of mobile and native advertising in an article for Digiday.
- Banner Ads Can Be Native Too. Pete Spande writes for MediaPost with a unique perspective, arguing that banner ads are not dead but “just suffering from a frozen creative paradigm rooted in print and television traditions.”
Here’s even more monetization reading:
- Responsive Design vs. Native Monetization by Linda Bustos
- SnapChat Heading Towards Monetization and a Potential $1 Billion Valuation by DL Cade
- A Unique Home Page Split Test Experiment by Rob Rawson
- Get Tested by Angela Brennan
- Bloggers: Don’t Bet on Display Ads by Oliver Deighton
- Beginner’s Guide To Display Advertising at Titan Web Solutions
- Things You Need To Know To Make Your Affiliate Marketing Venture A Success by Heather Page
- Affiliate Marketing Is Dead? Here’s 3 Predictions About Its Future at Trumpia
- Guide To Affiliate Marketing by Derek Jones
- 15 Marketing Fails That’ll Make You Pee Your Pants by Stephanie Grieser
- How To Sell Display Ads: CPM vs. CPC va. CPA at MonetizePros.com