An advertiser’s marketing strategies and initiatives consist of multiple campaigns, which in turn consist of different publishers, line items, and creatives. Generally, a campaign can be described by two factors:
- Time period during which it runs
- Product or message being promoted
For example, Ford’s 2014 digital marketing strategy may be comprised of multiple campaigns:
- Spring 2014 F-150
- Summer 2014 Focus
- 2H 2014 Branding
- Holiday Explorer
For each campaign, an advertiser will generally have a separate planning process, which involves setting a budget, sending RFPs, and evaluating publishers.
The Keys for the great advertising campaign
There are several keys to achieve the best result in the advertising campaigns:
- Campaign goal: there are many advertising elements that you can focus on. The most common elements include acquiring new clients, promoting current products and launching new products
- Buyer persona: describing buyers persona is one of the fundamental strategies for a successful campaign. Defining in detail those who you’re trying to reach will be essential in establishing the following points for your advertising campaign strategy
- Channel: choose the right channel to run your advertising campaign that suits your audiences.
- Metrics: measuring is important in many different fields but, in the world of advertising it’s absolutely crucial. If we don’t measure it, we won’t what’s going well nor what we could improve on
What is a campaign goal?
Marketing campaigns can be designed with different goals, including building a brand, increasing sales, introducing a new product, or even reducing the negative impact
Are marketing campaigns important?
Whatever the size of the company, it’s important that someone is dedicated to generating marketing campaigns. Companies that lose sales due to major negative press often use marketing campaigns to rehabilitate their image
What is the campaign plan for advertisers?
A campaign plan is a plan to achieve an objective, usually of a large-scale over an extended period of time. It usually coordinates many activities and uses of resources involving multiple organizations.