Review Information Last Updated on: May 2, 2014
Introduction to DFP Video
Google DFP Video provides video producers with a way to generate revenue from video advertising. Wholly separate from Google’s two other video monetization solutions — AdSense for Video (for publishers with 2 million+ video impressions per month) and the YouTube Partner Program (for videos hosted with YouTube) — DFP Video seamlessly integrates with ad manager DoubleClick for Publishers to manage and monetize a publisher’s video content library.
- What We Like: Integration with DFP, integration with video content management system, highly customizable.
- What We Don’t Like: Inability to monetize videos hosted on YouTube.
Google DFP Company Stats
Google DFP Support & Contact Information
- Address: 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View CA 94043
- Phone Number: 650-253-0000
- Support Email: None
- Publisher Terms: Unknown.
- Traffic Minimum: Unknown.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Unknown.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Unknown.
Advertisers & Offers
- Advertising Types: Video.
- Offer Types: Unknown.
- Verticals: All.
- Network Size: Unknown.
- Sampling of Publishers: Unknown.
DFP Video Tech Implementation Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Creating an Ad Unit: Unknown.
- Display Ad Unit Sizes Available: Unknown.
- Implementation Technology: Unknown.
- Compatible with Google AdSense: Unknown.
- Mobile Ad Units Available: Yes.
- WordPress Plugin Available: No.
Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel
DFP Video Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Control Panel: Unknown.
- Reporting: Unknown.
- Control Panel URL: https://www.google.com/dfp/
DFP Video Payment Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Publisher’s Share of Revenue: Unknown.
- Payment Methods Available: Unknown.
- Payment Terms: Unknown.
- Minimum Payout Threshold: Unknown.
DFP Video Account Help Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Knowledge Base URL: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/topic/1184139?hl=en&ref_topic=4388130
- Personal Account Manager: No.
- Easy to Contact Support: There is no support email address, only a contact form.
This editor’s review is limited for a few reasons. Principally, we were not able to be accepted as a publisher by this network, so we were limited in our ability to test it firsthand. We hope to update this review in the future with more details.
DFP Video is part of the Google DFP ad management suite. Web publishers with video content can create an account with Google DFP to manage as well as monetize their video library. Note that DFP Video is just one of three wholly separate video monetization solutions offered by Google. The other two are AdSense for Video, which is available to high-volume video content producers with > 40% of their video library achieving more than 2 million monthly impressions, and the YouTube Partner Program, which is available to all YouTube users not in violation of copyright restrictions.
DFP Video offers a very powerful video ad management and video trafficking solution for mid-size and enterprise-level businesses who wish to syndicate video content. Monetization is handled separately from the video code itself, so it is easy to manage the viewer ad experience in real time, without the need to revise the video code.
The ability to customize financial terms for multiple syndication partners is another key feature of DFP Video. For publishers using a single video content management system (CMS), DFP Video can integrate with that CMS to expose the entire video library within DFP in real time, making it easier to get a handle on video inventory and therefore sell and report on different videos or video sets. As previously mentioned, the viewer ad experience can be tailored on the fly without making changes to the video code itself.
Types of changes can include setting pre-rolls for clips, defining when ads run for longer videos, or completely turning off monetization for subscribed users.
Trafficking video through DFP Video is an elementary process, as video is automatically rendered as playable on all devices, including mobile iOS and Android.